Wednesday 4 September 2013

Official audio for M.I.A.'s 'Come Walk With Me' released

As the release date of M.I.A.'s forthcoming album Matangi draws nearer, another song is released officially. The song - or more precisely, an unfinished snippet of it - originally debuted on Youtube more than a year ago in 2012 but now we've got the definitive version in our hands. M.I.A. once said that her album was postponed due to the album being "too positive" according to the label (which sounds a bit silly) and "Come Walk With Me" certainly sees M.I.A. at her cheeriest. But is it necessarily a bad thing? It's a very distinctive M.I.A. song - the only thing that bothers me is the excessive auto-tuning - that also samples the sound effect of Macbook's Photo Booth app and has an outro announcing she's "coming back with powah powah". Is she really, well, that still remains to be seen, but here's the song:


No comments:

Post a Comment