Sunday, 6 July 2014

Playlist: Gloomy Sunday

Exactly one week ago, a major change occurred in my life: I left Denmark and moved back to Finland where I'm originally from, which marked an end of an era for me. Needless to say, the last weeks were filled with endless goodbyes and farewells, which is always kind of emotionally draining. There's so much I already miss, so many places, so many people. Changes in life are inevitable: every hello is a beginning of a goodbye. Still, that doesn't mean that it's all over - the things you miss are still there, and it's the end only if you let it be so. I for one won't. 

But that doesn't remove the longing, of course. And considering music is a most remarkable form of therapy, what better way to cope with these feelings than a suitable playlist? Therefore, let us wallow in our sadness for a bit with a 20-track playlist titled 'Gloomy Sunday', consisting of some of my favourite melancholic songs. It's got everything from older classics such as Joni Mitchell and Lou Reed to more modern crooners like Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey. It's got blues rock and indie pop. It's got wistfulness and sorrow, but also a glimpse of hope so don't despair. So, if your Sunday (or any other weekday, come to that) is gloomy, look no further - this is a playlist for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment